Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sunday in Hegezhuang Village



Baba's thought for Sunday August 24th.

"Do all acts as offerings to God;
do not classify some as 'my work' and some
as 'His work'"

The server was down so I am making up for lost time.
It was my first Sunday in Beijing this year, and was lucky to attend Sunday service of the Capital Community at Sunhe. It was a friendly yet significant gathering for me. I was priviledged to meet Iris, the wife of the Pastor and also Kushay, a teacher of Humanities at the International School of Beijing. She is a Malaysian but now a US citizen.

I was impressed by the sermon given by the Pastor who covered the first book of John "In the beginning was the Word, and The Word was God". I went to a Convent School and I am proud that I scored an 'A' in Bible Knowledge in the Cambridge School Leaving Certificate Examination. We memorized the Acts of the Apostles but I had no understanding of the Word. It was all rote memory!!This perspective given by the Pastor is motivation for me to read the Bible with greater understanding. I look forward to another sermon this coming Sunday.

We then visited Hegezhuang Village consisting of the Yin Yang Community Centre and The Orchard, a new and upmarket restaurant which is situated in an Orchard and they boasts of planting and serving organic vegetables and herbs in their own orchard. The pictures show the size of the pumpkin!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    Praise God that His Word is becoming real to you. Every religion is good, teaching us to do good to work our way up to Him. As we know, this is no easy task so the scripture tells us that He has to come down to us. I am glad that you are looking forward to another sermon but I must warn you that there will be obstacles or you will encounter some hindrance preventing you from listening to His Word. This has been my experience and I pray that yours will be smooth sailing. Lye Ngoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement. may God bless you

    ReplyDelete