Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shopping at TianYi

Baba's thought for today.

"Life is a mirage;
it comes from no visible rain;
it falls into no recognizable sea"

For tourists bent on shopping especially bigtime, TianTi shopping centre is just the place. Each floor is devoted to different types of goods, for example lingerie, shoes, bags, clothes, toys, jewellery, stationery and many others. Most of the shoppers are those buying for retail and they are recognizable by their hugh bags, trolleys piled high with merchandice.

I spent three hours there and enjoyed just browsing and my attempts at bargaining, with my limited command of Chinese, was commendable. There were lots of attractive bargains but I had to control myself and put a ceiling on my desires.

This brings us to todays' quote. Everything is impermanent, Life is just a mirage. What is important is the Present. beaware, be mindful of all our thoughts, words and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment