Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ceragem 5R Health Centre





Baba's thought for today.

"Service is spiritual discipline,
not a pastime of the rich
and well-placed"

There is no place like home after being away for three weeks. I had a wonderful time revisiting some of the popular sights of Beijing and also visited others which I was not able to cover on previous trips.

A few days before I departed, the weather was cooler and there was some rain. It was pleasant to be outside so I enjoyed my early morning walks in Lane Bridge compound and on some days also strolled in the popular parks.

Enjoying the company of Lena, Tim and the boys made me feel priviledged to be a grandmother. Ian and Aidan take joy in calling me 'old' but I take that as a compliment. I will surely miss their antics, ingenuity and boisterious play. They entertained me in a farewell performance where they playfully toyed with their new guitar and drums while they sang, each taking turns on the guitar and the bongo drums. They surely had showmanship considering that it was their first go at the instruments.

Last but not least was the feasting, dining and cooking. I did my fair share of preparing some favourite dishes, coached the new 'aiyi',and enjoyed Ranger's company. The real treat was when I was spoilt with the experience of different types of food, such as Mexican enchilidas, Tibetan yak meat, xiaolong bao in Din Tai Fung, pork knuckle in aGerman restaurant, Szechuan food at Meichou's in Wangjing, and even Nyonya food in Malacca Legend.

Now it's back to my normal routine. The first on the agenda is my daily visit to the 5R health centre where I can get relief from my aches by lying on the Ceragem massage bed for 40 minutes. Then the workout on the vibrating machine called Human Medexer to shake off the excess fat, followed by 20 minutes in the sauna and another 10 minutes on the 'Amber Chia machine'

2 comments:

  1. Pray tell what is the amber chia machine - does it mean after you get on, you will be a full-lipped, svelte figure Malaysian model who sells everything but the kitchen sink???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, you are very attentive. It's a vibrating machine which is supposed to give you Amber Chia's svelt figure if you use it long enough!!!. Haha.She is paid to advertise!!!

    ReplyDelete